From entrancing beaches to terrestrial national parks, extraordinary flora and fauna to friendly islanders, the tiny island nation of Seychelles is the perfect reason for a holiday like no other.
Tucked away between India and Africa, it really doesn’t need much convincing for you to go, but oh we found such interesting tips about Mahé that we’re sitting and looking for bookings!
- Mahé is the largest of the 115 islands in the Seychelles archipelago. Its capital, Victoria, is the smallest in the world.
2. You’ll love a leisurely stroll around Victoria Market or Sir Selwyn-Clarke Market—soak in the Creole culture while shopping for handicrafts.
3. Besides local seafood delicacies, their banana and coconut-milk-based desserts will delight your taste buds.
4. The town’s famous Victoria Clock Tower replicates London’s- Big Ben.
5. Mahé is very lush, with amazing hikes and nature trails. We are told that two must-dos are the historical Venn’s Town Mission Ruins and Mission Lodge Tea Factory and the popular Copolia trail that promises awe-inspiring views of Mahé Island from the top.
6. Don’t leave Mahé without a visit to the Takamaka Rum Distillery housed in the 200-year-old La Plaine St. Andre estate. Takamaka rum is authentic to Seychelles and was crafted as a toast to the Islands.
Information: Seychelles Tourism
Additional Research: Team Travel Secrets